Failures and New Strategies
Hi. It’s been a while since I posted here and I failed miserably to finish my challenge to beat / complete at least 5 games each month in 2019, so I’m changing my strategy a bit to deal with the backlog:
- I will no longer try to “complete” games without achievements. In the past, I would try to do everything in games without achievements before marking them as completed. From now on, I will be marking them as completed as soon as I am done with them and I did everything I wanted to do.
- I will no longer try to get random achievements that require a lot of time. Random achievements like a couple from Poker Night At The Inventory are just very unlikely to happen, and they add nothing to the game experience.
- I will no longer try to get achievements for beating games without dying. These kinds of achievements are just a waste of time, because you can invest a lot of time in your playthrough only to die for something stupid and lose all of that time. I just witnessed this recently while trying to beat The Witcher 2 in insane mode. Nope.
I’m a perfectionist, but perfection comes at the cost of time, and time is precious. So this new strategy is to focus less on getting to that glorious 100% and to use more of my time to actually beat games. I need to stop this mentality that I need to 100% everything, because it is not healthy.
Here is the list of games I beat / completed in the past few months:
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition
- The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition
- Invisible, Inc.
- 7 Wonders of the Ancient World
- 7 Wonders II
- Just Cause 2
- Subsurface Circular
I’m currently playing Outlast 2, but I’ll see if I can find something that fits the monthly theme that I haven’t beaten yet.