I’m back, and I’m ready to kill some backlog
I can’t say I’ve been an exemplary backlog assassin lately, but that’s -slowly- starting to change.
After completing LiEat (last month) and Neptunia U (all that grinding exhausted me), I plan to start attacking my backlog for real, starting with this month’s theme, since I own a few interesting games with achievements:
- A Boy and His Blob
- Disgaea PC (won on Steam Gifts)
- FINAL FANTASY IV (started)
- FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS (will likely postpone it until I’m done with FF IV)
- FINAL FANTASY® XIII (started)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2: Sisters Generation (started a while ago)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation (postponed until I’m done with Re;Birth2)
- Saints Row: The Third (won on Steam Gifts)
- Saints Row IV
- Shantae: Risky’s Revenge - Director’s Cut
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse
- Sonic Adventure DX
- Sonic CD
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist (Uplay)
Sorry, I still haven’t taken the time to learn some HTML tricks, so I’ll stick to basic Markdown formatting for the time being.
First August completed game: Time Mysteries 1
Not much to say, except that resolution is awful, and the plot… is meh, and I’m being generous.
Finding the smaller objects in hidden object scenes was quite a chore, with my sub-par eyesight.
If you still haven’t got this, or one of the sequels, I’ve got a few spare copies from the first Indie Gala Artifex Mundi bundle,
I made some quick giveaways from them, for my Whitelist and BLAEO’s group:
First August completed game: The Silent Age
PROTIP: double click to make Joe run instead of
After learning that it revolves around time travel, and that it’s valid for the monthly theme, I decided to give this game a try.
It was kinda short, I completed it in 3 hours even taking my sweet time to explore anything, and the plot is full of overused cliches
(time paradoxes galore!), but overall it was quite an enjoyable experience, especially combined with the moody soundtrack.
It’s also got a few Easter eggs, related to general culture of the 2 represented timelines (the ’70s, and 2012), as well as a bit of humour.
Text is in Italian ‘cause I prefer playing with my native language whenever it’s available, but I provided English translations for the international audience.
It’s a darned time machine, OK?! (It’s that thing in the lower-left corner) And, yes, those are blood stains
I still didn’t start playing any of the games for the monthly theme yet…
Well, technically, I did start Time Mysteries 1, but… one of those (luckily rare) connection hiccups happened, and I lost 3 hours of progress >_<
Meh, I’ll get back to it later…
I finished the “Student” levels on One Finger Death Punch, started the “Master” levels, and did almost 2500 kills on my first Survival run, not bad!
The devs really give some good advice!
I finally managed to beat the last boss in QP Shooting - Dangerous!!
Given that I totally suck at Bullet Hell games, it took me 8 hours to reach the last stage with a good number of lives, and another 2 to be able to beat the boss.
That Heart formation you’re forced to use in the last phase might be cute, but it’s totally impractical. Also, no Hyper really stinks…
Monthly Recap - July 2016
Backlog growth during the month: +45 (more or less)
- Sakura Spirit - 8th Steam Gifts win!
- It’s time for plot! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth3 V Generation
- I couldn’t resist the enticing price of €5.59 during the Summer Sale (＊^_^＊)ゞ
- Humble Sonic 25th Anniversary Bundle - $1 Tier
- Gotta go fast!
- Humble PC & Android Bundle 14 - $3 Tier
- Honestly, I bought it mostly for the Android versions…
- Aozora Meikyuu - 9th Steam Gifts win!
- Even moar plot! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
- PAC-MAN™ and the Ghostly Adventures - 10th Steam Gifts win!
- Seriously, the EU price is double the US one?
- Car Mechanic Simulator 2014 - A quality freebie, for once!
- Brought to me by courtesy of ᵈᵃᵛ◯ᵈᵒ. Thank you again!
- QP Shooting - Dangerous!!
- QP is so kawaii! I might declare her as my Orange_Juice waifu!
- DIG Artifex Bundle 2
- I <3 HOGs!
- Humble Revelmode Bundle - BTA Tier
- I activated only Skullgirls for now…
- Humble 2k Bundle 2 - $1 Tier (maybe I will get the BTA)
- I haven’t activated any game yet…
Backlog assassinations attempts:
1 Splice - 100% - Killed!
- Beware of Google Analytics!
2 LYNE - 100% - Killed!
- Didn’t take too much…
3 To the Moon - 100% - Killed!
- Although I didn’t play the 2 minisodes yet…
4 Catch a Falling Star - 87% - Barely alive…
- I’m still missing the highscores and power-up related achievements, as well as a few baskets.
Two more targets were assassinated, both games are valid for the monthly challenge:
Next in the line:
- 12 Labours of Hercules IV (just started);
- Catch a Falling Star (currently working towards the 2500 StarCoins achievement);
- Grow Home (unless it turns out to be too graphically intensive).
I’m still here…
Just a little update to inform my fellow backlog assassins that I’m not dead (yet), I’m just feeling drowsy because of the heat.
After a week and half of decent temperatures, Summer decided to remind us that it’s still here, I’m literally melting right now!
To add something significant to this post, I’ll make a quick recap of my backlog woes during the month of June:
Games at the start of the month: 493
Games at the end of the month: 533
Backlog growth: +40
- Mafia II (500th game)
- the entire Indie Gala Artifex Mundi bundle
- the entire Game Bundle Artifex Mundi bundle
- Sakura Angels (5th Steam Gifts win)
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! (6th Steam Gifts win)
- Back to the Future (7th Steam Gifts win)
- Limbo (when it was free)
100% completed games:
- Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons That bittersweet ending (>_<)
- PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ (Missing a few in-game achievements)
- NEKOPARA Vol.0 Azuki best neko, nyaa!
Beaten games (not 100% yet):
- Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden
- Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
- Left in the Dark: No One on Board
- Mind Snares: Alice’s Journey
July didn’t start too well, as I’ve already got another 40 games but finished only 1…
I-I’m not a bundle addict, or anything, I-I swear…
First July assassination: Splice
I finally managed to finish all the sequences, although I had to resort to a guide for a couple of angelic solutions.
Total playtime needed to get all the achievements: a bit less than 3 hours.
Nice game, relaxing soundtrack, but… why did I give it a negative review?
Read out my review to find out why, and upvote it if you agree!
Or, if you don’t want to, I’ll just point out the reason:
data mining without asking for your consent, or even a chance of opting out of it.
I completely nuked every trace of this game after finishing it, apart from the soundtrack that I copied elsewhere.
Seriously, do American companies even care at all about their international customers?
Even though they probably only know about American laws, their behaviour would be considered illegal almost everywhere in Europe, and they could very well face dire consequences if a class-action is made against them…
Keeping up with the monthly challenge
I got another achievement since the previous post, "Even More Points", for scoring 1000 points.
I'm currently working to get the 2500 StarCoins needed for the "Money Hoarder" achievement,
</br> then I'll think about getting the remaining ones. </br>
Set "U" complete, 5 more to go (plus the last achievement).
I originally intended to use LYNE's achievements to spell "KAWAII" on my achievements showcase, </br>
but I settled down with "BAKA", as it's more fitting with my Tsundere personality :p </br>
This is another one of those free games, but it's quite an enjoyable one, especially if you've got at least a mild interest in biology. </br>
You start as a tiny aquatic micro-organism, and feed (and sometimes fight) your way up the evolution ladder. PROTIP: don't play as an omnivore, they suck! </br>
You might've got it from Indie Gala and just farmed it for the cards, but now it's time to actually give it a try! </br>
Another game that biology enthusiasts will surely enjoy, this one focuses on little multicellular microbs, and challenge you to rearrange (AKA splice) their cells along a predetermined pattern, with a limited number of moves. </br>
I finished all the Origin Series' Sequences, and I'll soon start the Epilogue's Sequences. </br>
You might've noticed that, in order to make this post a bit tidier, I ~~mindlessly stole~~ temporarily borrowed Downward Concept's layout. </br>
~~Anyone knows how to separate paragraphs by putting them on a new line?~~ </br>
~~I tried both the Enter and Tab buttons, and several kind of spaces, to no avail...~~ </br>
Gotcha! Thanks for the tips! </br>
Now I think I should start learning some HTML... </br>
Monthly challenge… star(t)!
Just how much quality could be expected from a game that costed exactly €0.06?
Well, let’s just say that this game positively surprised me; I started playing it for this month’s challenge not expecting too much, but instead I’ve found a simple, yet charming game, that’s easy to learn, but difficult to master.
I got a little more than half of the achievements in less than a hour, but the last few ones won’t be so easy…