My progress for this month: Fnord’s profile
Because I’m terrible with keeping things like “currently playing” and my future plans consistent and up to date, I’ll just simplify things and make a list of my progress for the month, until I can come up with a good system.
If anyone is curious about my complete backlog, it can be found here
Been over 2 months since last time, but I’ve been hard at work working on more reviews! As with last time there’s some tabletop stuff in there as well, and that’s actually been even more fun to review than the videogame stuff.
So as for the actual links to the review:
Paranoia Red Clearance edition (Pointless fact: My avatar is from this series of RPGs, though from a previous edition)
Alberetor – The Haunted Waste
Tales from the Loop
ALIEN RPG Colonial Marines Operations Manual
Over two months since my last post. I’m not getting through my backlog very fast… but I did beat some games since last time!
So, how about those reviews?
So many games starting with W for some reason.
I also wrote reviews for some DLCs
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Fortification Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Lord of Skulls
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Assault Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Reinforcement Pack
Warhammer 40,000: Gladius – Specialist Pack
Eagle Island: Twist (only reviewed the free DLC)
Well, I’ve been terrible at keeping up with writing reports here on what I’ve played. Guess writing reviews elsewhere kind of took the energy out of me for also writing reviews here. but anyway, here’s a very quick summary of what I’ve beaten since last time:
I’ve also been doing some more semi-professional reviews, so if you want to take a look at those, here’s what I’ve been playing for that since my last post:
Dragonborne - A new Game boy game (you know, the big grey brick that was all the rage 30 years ago!) that got released on steam earlier this year. You can run the game on a real Gameboy, so it’s the real deal!
Fantasy General II: Onslaught A recently released DLC for Fantasy General II, this one lets you control the lizardmen, which had some unique mechanics of their own, giving them a unique playstyle.
Airstrife A new SHMUP with nice pixel art, though sadly a few flaws keeping it from being outstanding
Imperator Rome: Heirs of Alexander The most recent DLC for Imperator: Rome that was launched alongside a patch that finally made the game what it should have been at launch.
Battle of Polytopia: Minimalist 4X game that can be played in <1h. Graphics was cute and it was easy to get into
Battle of Polytopia: Cymanti tribe A new faction for Polytopia! Adds a bit of complexity to the game, though not too much.
Dakka Squadron: A flight action game about Space Orks! Not awful, but also not great.
Cardaclysm: A semi-roguelite deckbuilding game with good production value but a bit too much grind.
Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Czechoslovakia – Netherlands: A new expansion for the really solid tactics game Armored Brigade adding new nations. Czech it out! (Sorry)
The Life and Suffering of Sir Brante: Narrative chose your own adventure style game with solid writing and a compelling story
Neurodeck A deckbuilding game about fighting your inner daemons. Not on par with Slay the Spire, but I still thought it was fun. More forgiving than these games tend to be.
Shields of Loyalty Kind of Fantasy General 1.5. Still in early access, with a long way to go before it’s ready for prime-time, but it has a good foundation.
Warhammer 40.000: Battlesector Just a preview of two levels from this game. Full game is not out yet. This looks like it might become one of the best 40k games to date!
Tactical Troops: A really solid turnbased tactics game with gridless movement and teleporters. Was greatly delayed, but as someone who got to play the first intended release version, I can say that the delays were justified.
We are the Caretakers A pre-early access preview of a game about saving space rhinos!
Unity of Command II: Barbarossa The latest DLC for Unity of Command II is just as good as the last one! Unity of Command 1 was incidentally one of the favourite games of the lead designer for Bioshock.
A Token War: A simple strategy game that feels like it has one foot in puzzle territory. Pretty solid
Voodoo kid An old point & click adventure game that just got a re-release. Kind of Monkey Island for children.
Field of Glory II: Medieval - Reconquista: Maybe more history lesson than review :P
Causa, Voices of the Dusk: A new TCG that plays it very safe. Is in dire need of a larger playerbase to really get anywhere.
I also really got into writing pen & paper RPGs since last time! Got offered a few RPGs in exchange for writing reviews (though the Mutant: Year Zero review is one I wrote just for practice)
Mutant: Year Zero My personal favourite pen & paper RPG of the last decade
Symbaroum A great dark fantasy RPG that’s currently in a bundle on Humble!
Symbaroum: Advanced Player’s Guide: The player’s guide for Symbaroum. A solid expansion
Symbaroum: Monster Codex Who does not like a good monster book?
Symbaroum: Game Master’s Guide: The Game Master’s Guide for Symbaroum, not a necessity (unlike some other RPGs) but contains some good stuff.
Alien RPG: Starter Set They made an RPG based on the Alien movies, and it’s surprisingly great!
Alien RPG: Chariot of the Gods: The adventure that comes with the starter set. I gave it a separate review because it deserved it
Tales from the Loop: Starter Set And finally a review of the starter set for Tales from the Loop (which by the way recently got a TV series based on it).
Most of what I’ve been playing since my last post has been for reviews. Got to play some nice games, although I did end up spending more time reviewing DLCs than full games this time around. Not that I mind, some of these DLCs were really good.
2 months since last post? Dang, I’ve not been keeping up with these update posts.
Anyway here goes
- Won on SteamGifts 166
- Temp 0
- Games beaten - August 2016 7
- Games Beaten - September 2016 13
- Games Beaten - October 2016 11
- Games Beaten - November 2016 9
- Games Beaten - December 2016 9
- Games Beaten - January 2017 15
- Games Beaten - February 2017 12
- Games Beaten - March 2017 5
- Games Beaten - April 2017 13
- Games Beaten - May 2017 9
- Games Beaten - June 2017 12
- Games beaten - July 2017 9
- Games Beaten - August 2017 8
- Games Beaten - September 2017 8
- Games Beaten - October 2017 6
- Games Beaten - November 2017 6
- Games Beaten - December 2017 3
- Games Beaten - January 2018 6
- Games Beaten - February 2018 6
- Games Beaten - March 2018 6
- Games Beaten - April 2018 3
- Games Beaten - May 2018 5
- Games Beaten - June 2018 7
- Games beaten - July 2018 7
- Games Beaten - August 2018 5
- Games Beaten - September 2018 1
- Games Beaten - October 2018 8
- Games Beaten - November 2018 6
- Games Beaten - December 2018 2
- Games Beaten - January 2019 8
- Games Beaten - February 2019 12
- Games Beaten - March 2019 8
- Games Beaten - April 2019 12
- Games Beaten - May 2019 8
- Games Beaten - June 2019 7
- Games Beaten - July 2019 3
- Games Beaten - August 2019 4
- Games Beaten - September 2019 2
- Games Beaten - October 2019 3
- Games Beaten - November 2019 4
- Games Beaten - January 2020 7
- Games Beaten - December 2019 3
- Games Beaten - February 2020 1
- Games Beaten - March 2020 6
- Games Beaten - April 2020 6
- Games Beaten - May 2020 7
- Games Beaten - June 2020 5
- Games beaten - July 2020 2
- Games Beaten - August 2020 4
- Games Beaten - September 2020 3
- Games Beaten - October 2020 7
- Games Beaten - November 2020 2
- Games Beaten - December 2020 5
- Games Beaten - January 2021 5
- Games Beaten - February 2021 7
- Games Beaten - March 2021 2
- Games Beaten - April 2021 0
- Games beaten - May 20201 3
- Games Beaten - June 2021 3
- Games Beaten - July 2021 2
- Games Beaten - August 2021 1