For Pickers. Just copy paste and complete the data :)
* [GAME#1](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#1-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#1-HLTBTIME * [GAME#2](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#2-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#2-HLTBTIME * [GAME#3](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#3-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#3-HLTBTIME * [GAME#4](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#4-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#4-HLTBTIME * [GAME#5](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#5-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#5-HLTBTIME
- Please make sure your games are sorted by completion before applying.
- If you so desire and you have at least 5 unplayed SG wins, the 5 games can be picked out of your SG wins (instead of only 2/5). Just note it in your application comment.
- Note in your post if you're ok playing multiplayer only games.
- Same for Early Access (I know some people want to wait for release).
- When you finish one (or more) of the games picked for you, please post an update by replying to your picker's comment.
- If the game has achievements, you can link to either the Steam or Astats page corresponding to your progress.
- If the game doesn't have achievements, please post a screenshot showing your completion.
- Finally, if you have completed all the games that were assigned to you but want another go at it, feel free to post another application.
- You can pick for/challenge up to 2 fellow assassins, please refrain to pick more so everybody who wants get a chance at it.
- You can pick for anybody who has applied and hasn't been given a list yet, unless they specified otherwise (see next point). It is recommended to signal with a "reserved" comment that you're currently picking for that person. This way it'll avoid the situation where you spend time picking games just to come back to somebody's comment 2 minutes prior.
- Please use the following criteria when picking a list for somebody.
- Pick exactly 5 games
- Length-wise: at least 2 short games (under 10h to beat) and 2 medium (under 15-20h). You can use HLTB to check the time, or more conveniently the Enhanced Steam browser extension (it shows the HLTB time directly on the game's steam page). That rule can be overridden by the bottom (i.e. pick 5 short games) but not the other way around, as not everybody has the same time to dedicate to gaming.
- Pick two SG wins unless the person specified SG wins only, in which case pick only in the applicant's SG wins list.
- Quality-wise: at least 3 of the 5 games should have a positive (or above) rating. You can use this site to quickly sort games in a user's library by ratings (thanks to JaffaCaffa for the suggestion).
- Please, respect the applicant's choice regarding multiplayer-only and Early access games, as well as other requests (exclusion of certain genre etc.).
- Please use the code below to post your comment, it's already formatted, you just have to copy/paste & complete the data.
Do I have to participate in this event?
No, this is an event to help you reduce your backlog. If you already have a plan and don't want anyone to pick games for you, you're free to ignore it.
What happens if I don’t participate in the event?
What happens if I play all the games picked for me this month?
Still nothing. (You might get a shiny profile badge at some later date. And you can come back for another batch.)
What if I don’t have time to play 5 games?
Don’t worry, one is enough, we’re just asking the pickers to select 5 to give the player a little choice.
One of the game picked for me won’t run on my computer for X or Y reason, what do I do?
If this happens, please notify the picker by replying his comment and ask them to pick a replacement. If the original picker don’t give you an answer within 24h, don’t panic, just leave a comment and we’ll pick one for you. Meanwhile, you could try one of the other picked games if you haven't played them all yet.
I played all 5 games that were picked for me and I want more!
If you have completed all 5 games and reported your completion to the original comment, you can make a new request for another list.
When picking for other people, can I only pick “never played” games?
Not necessarily, you can also pick games that seem to have been abandoned but haven’t been categorized as “won’t play”. No beaten or completed games, or games being currently played obviously.
Why are there so many rules for picking the games? I can’t be bothered!
We’re trying to make this enjoyable for everyone so if you decide to pick games for others, please read and follow the rules. I’ve tried to make it as easy as possible for the pickers too, but if it’s bothering you too much, remember you don’t need to pick games for others to join the challenge.
I’m new here, can I join the challenge?
Yes of course (and welcome to BLAEO). Please just be sure to have your games sorted by progress before signing up for the challenge, to make it easier for your picker.
I’m almost done with my move so Challenge Me! :D
Reserved Finished :3
|The Uncertain: Last Quiet Day||4h|
|Half-Life 2: Episode One||5h|
Here are your picks
- Papo & Yo - HLTB Time: 4h
Cool third person exploring puzzle game
- A Story About My Uncle - HLTB Time: 4.5h
Very good first person platformer. Though achievements are not part of the storyline ;)
- Lara Croft GO - HLTB Time: 5.5h
Very nice puzzle game in the Tomb Raider universe
- 7 Billion Humans - HLTB Time: 9h
Great “programming” game. But its kind of hard.
- Darksiders - HLTB Time: 20h
I liked this hack&slash.
Thanks Daerphen for the picks ;) Now I have two challenges let’s see how far I get with those games. :D
Puzzles & Platformers are some of my favorite genres, so these are great picks :)
Have a great week ahead!
Oh I totally forgot to write something :)
Papo & Yo:
This is really a hidden gem. Thanks for selecting it! I bought it more than 5 years ago and can’t believe it took so long to finally play it.
A Story About My Uncle:
I bought this on the same day as Papo and I remember playing it for a bit but then my dad died and it took me some time to get back to gaming. I always had this on the list as the visuals are really amazing and the game mechanics are quite fun. :) Now I finally have beaten it and it even has a wonderful story on top =)
Lara Croft GO:
Those are the games I really love! It was quite tricky at some parts ;)
7 Billion Humans:
I already played Human Resource Machine and really liked it as it is a nice way to introduce people to programming. I’m a programmer but had problems on some levels to get a good solution (okay algorithms are not that much part of my daily work :D)
Big guy with big sword 😄👍 Was really cool :)
Hey :-D I am in some kind of “gaming-slump” if I can say that, I would be really happy if someone would challenge me :-D
Here are your picks
- Little Nightmares - HLTB Time: 4h
There is already the second game release. Older one is still a gem
- Broken Age - HLTB Time: 10h
I loved this one. Watched the whole documentation of developing the game. So many hand-drawn content in there
Dead Space - HLTB Time: 11h A classic
- BioShock™ - HLTB Time: 12h
Also a classic
- The Walking Dead - HLTB Time: 13h
Also somehow a classic Telltale game
Thank you very very much :D Can I ask you to pick something else for Dead Space, because sadly my EA Play membership expired :/ !
I didn’t know the EA Play games are reported by the API. Yet another thing learned :D
- Day of the Tentacle Remastered - HLTB Time: 5h
Hey ^^ Want to do a bit of an update, I have beaten Little Nightmares and I absolutely loved it :D
Hi, challenge me.
Reserved Finished :3
|Death Rally (Classic)||5h|
Both Death Rally and Kingdom are personal favorites of mine ^^
This comment was deleted about 2 years ago.