Dear fellow assassins,
I will try to post a monthly update with the results of my efforts to kill my backlog.
(I know I will be ashamed: a lot of you have cute, wonderful posts, full of color and images, while my posts will be barren, essential and uninviting).
Anyway, first objective here on BLAEO: “finishing” 35% of my SG wins.
My base technique, which I almost always don’t stray from, is juggling between some games, while focusing on 1 or 2 biggies.
Also, as a rule of thumb, I do not play multiplayer games at all. Made some mistakes trying to win these games on SG (though in many cases it’s because I thought they had single player modes, which actually proved wrong).
Besides, I know achievements are a tool to evaluate our kills, but to me they are not so important, I am not a completionist. My goal is to enjoy my games, not living them as chores.
Finally, at a later time I plan to remove permanently some games from my Steam library (not SG wins of course) in order to keep it tidy&clean from now on.
For these BLAEO updates I will keep reports of my assassination attempts with confirmed kills and whatnot.
So, let’s see how things went this month (games I won on SG are in red):
Confirmed kills (games I have beaten with at least one playthrough or games I have played enough in August 2017):
- Fairy Fencer F: beaten [Time: ~37 Hours; Achievements: 13/29 (45%)]
- Resident Evil 7: beaten [Time: ~21 Hours; Achievements: 25/50 (50%)]
- Warhammer 40,000: Regicide: beaten [Time: ~20 Hours; Achievements: 10/35 (29%)]
- Saint Seiya: Soldiers’ Soul: beaten [Time: ~15 Hours; Achievements: 16/50 (32%)]
- Mainlining: beaten [Time: ~6 Hours; Achievements: N/A]
- Virginia: beaten [Time: ~4 Hours; Achievements: 11/17 (65%)]
- Nekopara vol.1: completed [Time: ~4 Hours; Achievements: 14/14 (100%)]
- Nekopara vol.2: completed [Time: ~2 Hours; Achievements: 20/20 (100%)]
- Masochisia: beaten [Time: ~2 Hours; Achievements: N/A]
- Rise: Battle Lines: beaten [Time: ~1 Hours; Achievements: 12/24 (50%)]
Assassination attempts (games I have started playing in August 2017 or will be playing soon)
- Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf
- Umihara Kawase Shun Steam Edition
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil’s Daughter
- Dead Age
- 1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum
Aborted missions (games I could not play or stopped and won’t be playing):
- Shadow Complex Remastered
Hell, I have tried each and every forum advices on web, but I could not launch it. And that’s a pity, since it’s a games I really wanted to play!
- Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade
Well, this is my fault. I was sure there was some kind of single player mode. Haven’t found one, I should have given a better check.
- Mahjong Pretty Girls Battle: School Girls Edition
My mistake, again: really thought the Mahjong game was a solitaire one and not a classic Mahjong match with other (real or CPU) players.
I am sorry but I have not the time to learn playing Mahjong.
Objective advancement (beaten + completed games): 18% (42 out of 234 games)
(even if there’s a thing I don’t understand: my SG account says I have won 222 games, while here on BLAEO it says I have won 234 games on SG)