August: Challenge me!
Crushed by the weight of your backlog and need someone’s helping hand to know where to start making a dent? Join this month’s theme and a fellow assassin will narrow your choice down to 5 games.
If you want to choose games for other assassins, please take the time to read the “Picker’s guidelines”. Feel free to add your thoughts on why you picked those particular games.
- Please make sure your games are sorted by completion before applying.
- If you don’t want to play Early Access or multiplayer only games, then mention that in your post.
- You don’t have to finish all five games. When you finish one (or more) of the games picked for you, please post an update by replying to your picker’s comment.
- If you have completed all the games that were assigned to you but want another go at it, feel free to post another application.
You can pick for/challenge up to 2 fellow assassins so everybody who wants get a chance to do it. You can choose games for more assassins if you see that they’ve not had anyone else choose for over 24 hours. It is recommended to post a “reserved” comment once you start picking games for someone. This is to avoid someone else posting a list of games while you’re taking the time to pick them yourself. Please use the following criteria when picking a list for somebody:
- Pick exactly 5 games.
- Length: at least 2 short games (under 10h to beat) and 2 medium (under 15-20h). You can use HLTB to check the time. That rule can be overridden by the bottom (i.e. pick 5 short games) but not the other way around, as not everybody has the same amount of free time to dedicate to gaming.
- Quality: at least 3 of the 5 games should have a positive (or above) rating.
Please use the code below to post your selection. It’s already formatted, you just have to copy/paste and complete the data.
* [GAME#1](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#1-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#1-HLTBTIME * [GAME#2](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#2-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#2-HLTBTIME * [GAME#3](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#3-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#3-HLTBTIME * [GAME#4](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#4-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#4-HLTBTIME * [GAME#5](http://store.steampowered.com/app/GAME#5-ID/) - HLTB Time: GAME#5-HLTBTIME
Do I have to participate in this month’s theme?
No, as with every theme, these are merely suggestions for anyone who is unsure about what to play next. If you already have a battle plan for your backlog and/or don’t like this month’s theme, you’re free to ignore it.
What happens if I don’t participate in the monthly theme?
What happens if I play all of my unfinished games this month?
Your backlog will be a much smaller place.
I don’t have any unfinished games!
Really? well that makes one of us… I salute you.
I already finished my entry can I play another?
Go ahead - the goal is to reduce your unfinished games list. The more you can play the better.