Another short post as a precursor to a decent post. 100%’d a bunch of games that I’d like to give a proper update, as well as finishing The Witcher 2(as mentioned in my previous post).
Everyone is giving their gaming resolutions for the year, so I thought I’d throw mine into the mix.
- Everyone seems to be saying they’ll play wins. I struggle like all hell to force myself to do that, its not that I won’t play my wins, its that if I force myself to play a certain game I find I really end up thinking of it poorly as its “stopping” me play what I want to play. So my first resolution is not to make a list of games to prioritise, I’m best when I play things on a whim when my mood suits it. I end up getting more done as a result.
- Importantly, for the above to work, I stick to whatever game I start so I don’t just start 50 games and never finish anything.
- Although it sort of breaks the first rule, I’m giving myself 365 days to do this and I’ve already made a decent start. Go back and finish the games I have 1 or 2 achievements in to bring my completion rate up. Far too many games lie in my library with 1 achievement from when I tried it out years back then dropped.
- Go back and replay games where I didn’t get many achievements in. I never used to care about achievements, as a result I have 40/50 games which I’ve completed with only 30% of the achievements. With an extra 5/6 hours in those games I could probably 100% them.
- Get to 100 games perfected. Currently at 57.
- Play less Football Manager so I can play more other things. I’ve done pretty well on reducing my FM hours towards the end of 2016, which saw me play so much more. I love FM, I’m still going to top 1,000 hours each year, however I need to not make it my default game to play. Half the reason my library is full of unplayed games is FM.
- Review more games. I love writing reviews, I love reading comments on my reviews, I need to write more.
- Don’t feel forced to 100% achievements a game that is grindy just because its a AAA.
- Get to level 50/60 on steam.
- Read Clannad…I can’t put off crying forever.