April’s already here, and with it a new monthly theme. This month’s gonna be a little different though, as we’re gonna have a challenge rather than a game. It’ll probably sound familiar to those who’ve been browsing the SG forums, as it’s inspired by last month’s Play your SG wins event, as well as Play or Pay events (without the Pay part if you fail), but extended to your whole backlog, not just SG wins. We added a few extra rules to mix it up a little. It seems like a few people were interested and I hope more will be inspired to join. Onto the details…
- It's gonna be pretty simple, read the rules and if you decide you wanna join, leave a comment on the application post and wait for somebody to pick games for you. Be sure to read the details in the application post, you have a few extra options when applying.
- Somebody will pick 5 games from your unplayed/abandonned games within 24 hours. Until then you can sit down and relax (or have a look at the optional task and pick games for somebody)
- Once the 5 games have been selected for you, you can pick the one(s) you wanna play this month and start playing, it's as simple as that. You really only have to play one of those, but feel free to play more than that if you have the time and willingness for it :)
- Once you're done with the game(s), please reply to your picker's comment with a link to completion proof (either a link to your achievement page for that game, either on steam or on Astats if the game has achievements, or a link to an end game screenshot if the game doesn't have achievements).
- As an optional task, you can also pick the 5 games for up to 2 people (please not more so everybody who wants can get a chance to pick). If you decide to do so, please read the specific requirements and use the formatting shared in the application post when replying to the candidate's comment, thank you in advance. We realize the rules make the game picking a bit longer so please only do it if you feel like it, everybody will have games assigned anyway, generally within 24 hours max.
- As an added "risk", you can decide to use your pickers opportunity to challenge an assassin who hasn't joined the challenge yet. In which case, the same pickers rules apply, with an extra twist. First, you're in charge of informing your challenged assassin, either via Steam or SG, however you see fit. Secondly, and most interestingly, the challenged can decide if they accept your task to challenge you back even if you already have a list assigned, in which case you'll have to complete minimum 2 (or 3 if you challenged 2 persons who both challenged you in return) games, one in each list. Use at your own risk.
Don’t forget, it’s all fun and games, and you might discover interesting games that are sitting in your backlog :)
Do I have to participate in this month’s theme?
No, as with every theme, these are merely suggestions for anyone who is unsure about what to play next. If you already have a battle plan for your backlog and/or don’t like this month’s theme, you’re free to ignore it.
What happens if I don’t participate in the monthly theme?
What happens if I play all the games
from the theme list picked for me this month?
I don’t own any of the games from the game list, how can I still participate?
Well, conveniently, this is not a possibility this month, as the “list” is picked from your own games.
What if I don’t have time to play 5 games?
Don’t worry, one is enough, we’re just asking the pickers to select 5 to give the player a little choice.
One of the game picked for me won’t run on my computer for X or Y reason, what do I do?
If this happens, please notify the picker by replying his comment and ask them to pick a replacement. If the original picker don’t give you an answer within 24h, don’t panic, just leave a comment here and we’ll pick one for you.
I played all 5 games that were picked for me and I want more!
If you have completed all 5 games and reported your completion to the original comment, you can make a new request for another list.
When picking for other people, can I only pick “never played” games?
Not necessarily, you can also pick games that seem to have been abandonned but haven’t been categorized as “won’t play”. No beaten or completed games, or games being currently played obviously.
Why are there so many rules for picking the games? I can’t be bothered!
We’re trying to make this enjoyable for everyone so if you decide to pick games for others, please read and follow the rules. I’ve tried to make it as easy as possible for the pickers too, but if it’s bothering you too much, remember you don’t need to pick games for others to join the challenge.
I’m new here, can I join the challenge?
Yes of course (and welcome to BLAEO). Please just be sure to have your games sorted by progress before signing up for the challenge, to make it easier for your picker.