Kubi's killing the backlog! kubikill’s profile
Hello! My name is Jakub.I like to play games, tinker with computers and make websites.
Game strategy: Focus on unfinished games! Get 100% achievements if possible.Before I started fighting the backlog for real, I used to jump from game to game much more often, resulting in boatloads of unfinished games. Because of that, I focus on unfinished games more than never played games.
March - May 2019 Progress
- The first time I played Tower Unite, it was extremely addicting. Cool minigames, meeting and chatting with strangers, being able to decorate your condo any way you like… This game is awesome, but it gets a little boring after 100+ hours of playtime. Fortuntely, this game is still receiving updates with new features, items and games. Can’t wait for the arcade update!
- I started playing Unbox: Newbie’s Adventure in June. It has the charm and I love the beautiful, large and detailed locations in this game, but I felt bored after a while since it was repetitive.
- I heard so many good things about the first two Mafia games, I wanted to play them ASAP, so I’ve decided to buy and try the first Mafia. Looking forward to it!
does not include "won't play" games
Oh man… It’s been so long since I last made a post. I’m sooo late with this, but I’m glad to finally get this post done. Progress will be a bit slower from now on. There are a couple web projects I want to work on and I’ll focus more on them. I hope you enjoyed the post!
January + February 2019 Progress
- We’ve finally made progress in Borderlands with Garcias! We’ve completed 2 DLCs and are now playing the Underdome. The rounds take waaaaay too long.
- I did make some progress in CSD2 but I forgot how many gold medals I have and I’m too lazy to check. I’m pretty close to getting them all!
- Hector: Badge of Carnage is pretty interesting. I love the British humour and the puzzles aren’t too hard. I’m currently playing through the 3rd, last episode.
- I booted up Mountain a while ago and it’s not really a game. It’s more like a screensaver. I’ll probably get all the achievements then never launch this again.
- I got bored of All Walls Must Fall after around 7 hours of gameplay. To get all achievements you need to beat the campaign, like, 10 times or more… and there’s an achievement for collecting all 600-700ish collectibles. So far I have around 100. I’ll get the achievements that don’t require much time, then move on to something else.
- I’ve been waiting so long for this! It’s finally coming out tomorrow and I can’t wait to play it. I wonder how much stuff did they change from the original PS2 version?
does not include "won't play" games
Here’s an update on my 2019 goals:
- I’ve received a lot of Steam wallet money from completing online offers and spent almost all of it in the Lunar New Year sale on Steam. None of my real money was spent, so all good for now!
- I did some progress in CSD2. Maybe I’ll complete it before December 2019! Probably… I think?
- I’m sitting at 124 completed games right now. I need to complete 76 games in a little over 10 months - around 8 games per month. I might have made the goal a bit too hard, but I’ll try my best!
- My reviews will now be shorter. Writing them took too long because I didn’t know what to type.
- I’ve sorted out my “won’t play” list, resulting in over 100 mostly bad games landing in my pile of shame. I wonder if there’s going to be a “play a bad game” month?
- I said I’ll pick games from monthly themes more often… but now that Yakuza Kiwami is coming out, I can’t pick any games. I promise I’ll get back to it right after that!
December 2018 Progress
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
- Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered
- All Walls Must Fall
- Alpha Protocol
- Scribblenauts Unlimited
- Didn’t progress in CSD2 too much. But I at least reached 2 milestones: reached rank 100 and got 300 gold medals in C4H mode! Just need 25 more ranks and 100 more gold medals…
- I’ve played Heavy Rain before and so far I feel like at home in this game. Fahrenheit hooked me in with its story, but some of the moments made me go “WTF is going on?!” (Talking about Lucas’s QTE segments in the bank and in his apartment)
- Rewinding time in All Walls Must Fall is great! I find it fun that I can empty all my guns at the guards and then rewind time only for myself so it’s like I never took any damage and I don’t have to reload. I finished the campaign and now I’m going for all the achievements, which is going to take a while.
- Alpha Protocol seems cool so far. Never thought that adding RPG elements to a stealth game would work so well!
- I remember spending so many hours playing Super Scribblenauts for the DS. Feels great to go back to this series on my phone!
End of February 2018 progress
Goals for 2019:
- Buy less games. I can barely keep up with the games I buy. I’ll stop buying games during Steam sales and focus on buying bundles alone (I’ll make an exception for Yakuza Kiwami, but only once. Sorry, Shakedown: Hawaii!).
- Complete Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!. bloody hell this game is on my currently playing list since february and i still haven’t finished it goddamn it
- Reach 200 completed games! (This will be tough!)
- Change how I write reviews. I feel like my reviews aren’t good. Sometimes I don’t know what to write, sometimes I don’t know what should I focus on… I’ll try to write them in a different way in 2019.
- Sort out my “won’t play” list. I have to go through my game list again and filter out all the bad games I have.
- Pick games from monthly themes more often.
And that’s it for my post! Happy New Year, everyone!
October + November 2018 Progress
- I still play CSD2, doing 2-3 shifts every session. It’s not much per session, but it’s progress! Just to clear things up, rather than going only for all achievements, I’m going for full 100% completion, including reaching rank 125, getting gold medals in all 400 Chef 4 Hire shifts and completing all milestones in the CSD restaurant.
- I decided to play Toki Tori and RUSH in December since both games have achievements that can be unlocked only in December.
- I received ETS 2 and All Walls Must Fall as a gift from my secret santa (Thanks again! :D ). Just gotta make sure to prepare some nice music for ETS2!
September 2018 Progress
- I made some good progress on CSD2 this month! I currently have around 240 gold medals out of 400. Still a long way to go, but I’m getting close!
- I completed scenarios 2 and 2B in Creepy Castle this month, and started scenario 3.
- I haven’t been able to progress on Borderlands with Garcias this month. I hope we’ll be able to do some actual progress in October.
- I haven’t progressed too much in Evoland 2, as I mainly focused on Lumino City and Anomaly: Warzone Earth.
Games added to the "Currently playing" list for this month:
- This month I’ll play 2 games from my Challenge Me! list - No Time To Explain Remastered and Costume Quest.
With Yakuza 0 out of the way, I can finally continue the fight with my backlog! I’m kind of sad to see this game go, though.
I’ll have less time to play now, since I’m working on a new project, I have to deal with school and I also want to start taking driving lessons in October. This will be a tough month.
August 2018 Progress
No finished games this month. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Unfinished games with progress:
This month, I’ve mainly focused on Yakuza 0. 100+ hours of playtime and I haven’t even finished the story yet. I’m at the last chapter, at the final “point of no return”. Things are getting a bit out of hand and I’m supposed to be at a certain place doing something very, very important, but smart me decides that playing mahjong, going fishing and searching for telephone cards is more important… Thankfully, the baddies are polite enough to wait until I’m done loafing around… or they’re just incredibly slow. I’m going for 100% completion and so far I have 87% - getting close now!
Since most of my free time went into Yakuza 0, I haven’t had much time to play anything else, even on my phone. I’m now 2/3 through Anomaly Warzone Earth, halfway through Lumino City and in Evoland 2, I’ve reached the shmup part.
Unfinished games with no progress:
My Borderlands co-op partner, Garcias was without a PC for the most of August and was unable to play Borderlands this month. I hope we’ll be able to resume playing soon!
I’ve made absolutely zero progress on CSD2 and Creepy Castle since I started playing Yakuza 0. I’m putting them on hold for now and I’ll get back to them as soon as I’m done with Yakuza.
Yakuza 0 single-handedly stopped me from doing any significant progress on my backlog assassinations. I love this game and I really want to keep playing it, but there’s still over 300 games in my library that require my attention. As soon as I 100% Yakuza 0, I’ll be back to do some actual backlog assassinations! …until Yakuza Kiwami comes out.
By the way, I have a question for BLAEO Generators users - do you have any requests for features that you would like to be added? While I haven’t updated BLAEO Generators since May, I’m still here to fix the generator in case something breaks or add something that may be of use to someone.
July 2018 Progress
Unfinished games with progress:
- Garcias and I have completed the main story in Borderlands! We are now playing through the DLCs, starting with The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
- I’ve barely touched CSD2 and Creepy Castle this month. I didn’t really have time to play them.
This month's new "Currently playing" games
- I’ve waited so long for Yakuza 0! So far, I have a blast with it despite issues with the PC port. To anyone considering purchasing Yakuza 0, I would recommend to wait for a patch to be released.
- This month I’ve decided to play Anomaly Warzone Earth, Lumino City and Evoland 2 on my phone. AWE seems addicting so far! Haven’t tried Lumino City yet. As for Evoland 2, I’ve played it on PC before, but abandoned it shortly after. I thought I’ll give it another try this month.
I’ve enjoyed playing games this month, but I’m not really satisfied with progress on CSD2 and Creepy Castle. I thought about playing them more in August but now that Yakuza 0 is here to steal all my free time… sigh
I went through my library to add more games to the “won’t play” list. I got quite annoyed with all those garbage card farming games, so I’ve put them where they belong. Such irony that this month’s theme is to play games from the “won’t play” category…
Also I’ve noticed that it’s getting harder and harder for me to write game reviews. I’m having difficulties with coming up what to write and I feel that it’s taking up too much of my time. I’ll keep reviews shorter from now on.
June + 1st Week of July Progress
Unfinished games with progress
- I’ve beaten Just Cause 2! Now all that’s left is getting 75% completion and completing the game one more time on hardest difficulty.
- L.A. Noire’s beaten as well! I just have to find all film reels (halfway there), all cars (around 60 found out of 95) and then replay 1 specific case and it’s done.
- I’ve started Saints Row IV this month. I finally bought it during the summer sale as I finally got around to playing SR3. For now I’m very early in the game.
- Garcias, a fellow BLAEO member and me have started playing Borderlands together. We are having tons of fun together and we’ve progressed quite far, too! We are at around 2/3 of the first playthrough.
- Progress on CSD2 has been slow lately. A new update has been released which added even more content to my plate… At this rate, I doubt I can 100% this game this year.
- I’ve bought Creepy Castle on the summer sale as well. So far I’ve completed the first scenario of the game, and there’s a couple more scenarios to beat.
Games added to the currently playing list for this month
That was a pretty good month! I got to play some really nice games, and I even bought new ones during the sale! (Is that a good thing?)
For this month, I’ll be focusing on the 3 games on my currently playing on a gaming PC list - Just Cause 2, L.A. Noire and Saints Row IV. I want to get them all done to make room for Yakuza 0, which is coming out on PC on August 1st. I’m glad that it’s coming to PC - I can’t wait to play it!
May 2018 Progress
Games with progress, but still not finished
There’s some progress on CSD2, but I’m still very far from getting all gold medals from C4H shifts, especially since a big update is coming out in June.
I’ve finally managed to beat Just Cause 2, but I still have 6 achievements to go, 1 of which will require me to do 1 more playthrough.
I’m getting further in L.A. Noire - I am now in the Arson department, the final desk in the game. However, I still have tons of stuff to find and collect.
I’ve reached level 20 in Borderlands 1 and I’m close to finishing all quests in the Arid Badlands.
Games added to the "currently playing" list this month
April 2018 Progress
Completed/beaten games I'm done with
Games with progress, but still not done with
Games I plan to play/continue in May
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!!
- Just Cause 2
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
- L.A. Noire
- Bully: Anniversary Edition